Saudi Ministry of Hajj Warns of Suspicious Websites Promoting Hajj Campaigns

On Friday, the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah warned citizens and residents against handling any suspicious websites promoting Hajj campaigns and listing registration links.

He also said that registration for this year’s Hajj from within the Kingdom will be done through his website, adding that he will announce the registration procedure soon.

Last month, Saudi Arabia said it would allow one million Muslims from inside and outside the country to participate in this year’s Hajj, a sharp increase after pandemic restrictions forced two years of reduced pilgrimages.

For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or through the app.

Usually one of the largest religious gatherings in the world, around 2.5 million people attended in 2019.

But after the coronavirus pandemic began in 2020, authorities in the Kingdom only allowed 1,000 pilgrims to participate in an effort to prioritize the health of pilgrims.

The following year, the Kingdom increased the total to 60,000 fully vaccinated residents chosen by lottery.

With AFP

Read more:

Saudi Arabia allows vaccinated children under 7 to enter the two holy mosques

Saudi Arabia Drops COVID-19 Rules: Updated Rules on Visiting the Two Holy Mosques

Saudi authorities arrest beggar after raising over $29,000

Leave a Comment